Tips for Success for SCC Online Students
Tips for Success
This orientation has been especially created to help you achieve success in your online courses at Solano Community College.
The following video topics are presented in the orientation:
- What makes online learning different
GETTING OFF TO A GOOD START
- What to do before your online classes begin
LOG IN & STAY CONNECTED
- How to stay involved in your online class
- How to plan class and study time
- What to do and not do when your online
- College policies regarding cheating, plagiarism, etc.
- Conduct regarding email, threaded discussions and classroom behavior
- Tools to assess your writing readiness
Once you have finished reading this presentation, begin by clicking on Modules to the left in the course navigation section to view each of the eight topics in this orientation. You can view the orientation an unlimited number of times.
If you need to improve your study skills, consider:
- Counseling 7, College Study Techniques
(Course advisory eligibility for English 1 - Course advisory is defined in the college catalog "as recommendations made to enhance or deepen the student's learning experience in a course. While the advisory skills and proficiencies are not required in order for a student to be successful in the course, advisories should be taken seriously." If the specific course advisory information is not listed in the syllabus, go to www.solano.edu/catalog and click on the 2013-14 Catalog Online link. Each course in the SCC Catalog has a course advisory listed.)
Proceed by clicking on the Modules link on the left and view pages 1.1 through 1.8.
Best wishes for a successful and enjoyable online learning experience!